The Executive Committee Member for Eastbourne:
Following the AGM on 20th May 2021, these are the names of all the EC members.
• Chair – Graham Dean
• Vice Chair – Jill Shacklock
• Vice Chair, Membership – Jake Lambert
• Treasurer – Wendy Lambert
• Secretary – Kate Firth
• Women’s Officer – Kate Firth
• Youth Officer – Louis Thorburn
• Trades Union Liaison Officer – Carol Mills
• Policy Officer – Alex Lee and Liz Ottosson (job share)
• Equalities Officer – Dave Brinson
• 4 Lay Branch Reps (one representative from each of our CLP’s informal campaign organising branches) _
- Devonshire and Meads – Matt Pitts
- Hampden Park, Ratton and Willingdon – Margaret Robinson
- Langley, St Antony’s and Sovereign – Louis Thorburn
• 4 Lay Union Reps (one representatives from affiliated Trade Unions and/or socialist societies, These representatives will have already been nominated by their union)
- Usdaw – Julie Hart
- Unite Community – Carol Mills
- Unite – Phil Mills
- Unison – Scott Murly-Cleves
• Coop Party Rep (Nominated by the Coop Party) – Paul Richards
• Election officer – Roy Noble
• Women’s coordinator – Leanne Wells
There are 4 informal branches in Eastbourne CLP that report to the Executive Committee via the 4 branch reps as follows:-
Devonshire and Meads – Matt Pitt
Hampden Park, Ratton and Willingdon – Margaret Robinson
Langney, St Anthony’s and Sovereign Harbour – Louis Thorburn
Old Town and Upperton – Carol Mills
Eastbourne CLP is organised via an ‘All Members’ structure
All members are invited to our CLP meetings and all members have a vote. Our local standing orders state we hold 6 CLP meetings per annum. We hold an extra 2 CLP meetings per annum which are policy meetings.
“The prime function of Party meetings is to provide members with the opportunity to participate in Party activities through social contact, political debate and policy discussion; and to establish objectives for the Party in the area for campaigning, the development of Party organisation and the promotion of links with sympathetic individuals and bodies within the wider community.
Plans for campaigning on local issues, the development of community engagement and the strengthening of both links and communication with individual members, affiliates, supporters and community groups should be central to all business.” local standing orders.
Minutes of CLP Meetings
Minutes will be sent out to members via email.
Minutes of previous meetings can also be found on our Facebook members forum:
Important Member’s Notice
Any members not receiving email from the local party please email our CLP secretary Kate Firth with your name and email address to:- Katefirth.email@example.com
Labour Leadership Nomination
For the Labour Leader and Deputy Leader, Eastbourne CLP nominated Rebecca Long-Bailey for Leader and Dr Rosena Allin-Khan for Deputy Leader. It was great to have such a positive discussion in the room and there were impassioned calls for unity and in support of different candidates.